Tips and Tricks to use Aleene's The Ultimate AdhesiveJan 31, 2022
Discovering a new adhesive is always super exciting to me. You need something dependable to hold all your hard work together and keep your paper flowers looking their best!
I was super happy when Aleene’s reached out to me again to try out The Ultimate professional glue. I saw firsthand how it performed for a paper florist—though I’m sure you’ll easily find many other craft applications.
Why Use This Glue?
The Ultimate is a multi-surface adhesive that is super strong and dries clear. Not only that, it’s UV proof and waterproof! Other amazing qualities are that it’s permanent, non-foaming, and easy to use.
As I mentioned above, you can use this glue on many different surfaces. I used it with crepe paper. It can also be used on metal, glass, plastic, wood, fabric, tile, and more. Think of all the possibilities!
Tips for Using The Ultimate
Let’s talk about actually using this glue. To get the best use and finish from The Ultimate, be sure to follow these tips:
- Always start out with a dry surface that is clean and free of debris. Any adhesive won’t look its best if it gets gunked up with dirt or dust.
- Know that a little glue goes a long way, so start with a small amount before adding more. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with how long the tube can last.
- The adhesive bond is permanent. If you want to have long lasting staying power, this is the adhesive for you!
- Some caution, make sure to NOT use this glue near heat, sparks, or flame. The packaging actually reminds you not to smoke while using it, so they’re really serious about keeping it away from heat hazards. If in doubt, play it safe!
- When you can no longer smell the adhesive, that means the glue is completely dry! This is a nice little trick for knowing when you can move on to the next step of your project.
Have fun with these tips, and let me know if you come up with any tips of your own using this glue.
How I Used The Ultimate
If you’re looking for ideas, you can check out the video above. I used The Ultimate to make those adorable Luna Moths. I glued all the pieces together using this adhesive, from the furry body to the antenna to the wings!
The wings were made with only one kind of Werola German Crepe Paper: the Aqua/Royal. I washed the crepe with varying degrees of water and quickly dried it in the microwave. If you try this, microwave in short intervals and keep a close eye on your paper.
To finish off the moths and give them fun details, I created the white markings and edging with a white chalk marker. I created a short fun reel showing you how I made this moth on my Instagram reel.
I nestled the moths in a wreath of jasmine flowers and vines. If you are interested in making your own versatile and elegant jasmine flowers and vines, you can purchase the tutorial via the Awesome Blossom! portal.
I can’t wait to see what you make with Aleene’s Tacky Glue The Ultimate! Share your creations with me and let me know what you think about this glue.
View this post on Instagram
Coming Soon: My First Book!
How To Make Paper Flowers
Sign up for a sneak peek at the book, and for updates on its publication.
I respect your privacy and will never share your email and contact information with any third party without your permission.